Vote It Up: Book Blip

February 4, 2010

Falling behind

I'm not posting this to excuse my procrastination, just to explain it.  I am way the hell behind on my reading.  Perhaps, I'm thinkin', I should ditch the whole Memoir Project and just call this Amy Reads Books Whenever The Hell She Can and Then She'll Write About Them.  Or something catchy like that.

Truth is, I'm in birthday season.  It's not summertime, when the living is easy.  It's February, when my kids demand birthday parties and I bake Thomas the Tank Engine cakes.  So I'm one birthday down (Happy B-day, little man) and one to go.  Little Mr. T also has been sick and home from school and now I, too, have a raging sinus infection.  This means my normal reading time in the morning has been cancelled due to a sick child and my normal evening reading time (post children's bedtime) has seen me crashing in bed myself.

There you have it.  I don't mean to be a slacker, really.  Help me perfect this whine for grad school when I'll need to sound pitiful for my professors and mentors.

No comments:

Post a Comment