Vote It Up: Book Blip

March 26, 2010

Growing good readers

I'm so proud of my kids.  Last night I went to a bi-monthly consignment sale where I usually stock up on a season's worth of clothes for my kids: great deals on brand names; MY mom would be proud.  My husband likes to peruse the toys at said sale, but he couldn't go with last night.  He had told my son that I might bring home some Thomas trains.  Alas, I didn't find any trains, but I did find a jackpot of Thomas paperbacks for $2.  When I got home with my tankard of loot, my kids descended on me before I could get through the door.  Toby stuck his head all the way in the plastic storage box I was carrying and saw one Thomas book on top.  This is what he squealed at first soprano decibel, "A Thomas book!  You got me a Thomas book!!!!"  He was thrilled.  My daughter spread all of the books on the floor and began reading them with Toby.  She was mostly making up the words to go with the pictures, which included rambling songs that she ad-libbed.  Then, Fiona called me into the room and said, "Mommy, listen!  I can read the whole book!" And she proceeded to read the entire book to me and Toby.

 My little readers.

These are my $2.50 finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment