Vote It Up: Book Blip

January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Well, it's January 1, 2010. New year. New Decade. Apparently, new moon (but not on Monday). I'm feeling optimistic. New clothes that I bought in the (ahem) Junior's department, so new look (at least for today).

So, in addition to writing daily, I'm considering a focus for this blog and here it is: memoirs. Yes, I'm writing autobiographical ramblings, but what I'm thinking is this, I will read a memoir or essay collection a week and comment on them as I go. This, I'm hoping, will be in preparation for my upcoming (again, I hope) MFA in creative non-fiction to begin in May. 16 memoirs in 16 weeks. Sure it would be more impressive as 52 memoirs in 52 weeks, but I'm being realistic.

More on this to come, with titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment