Vote It Up: Book Blip

April 6, 2010

Failure piles in sadness bowls

Oh English, how I love you.  I love twisting you around on page and in my head.  You bring such joy.  Sure, the classic poets, the Shakespeares and Wordworths, have it all going on.  And you can't beat a good Mark Twain or Edith Wharton or even, for that matter, David Rackoff for social critique delivered in a bowl of witty repartee.  But lately, I have to vote Patton Oswalt, my new god of language.  The comedian has an amazing skill at manipulating words, while smacking social stigmas on the behind.  While I normally link to all things literary, today I link to YouTube.

It had to be done.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfan5MacmsI

1 comment:

  1. he is one of the funniest people i've ever heard. we listened to him on the road a couple weeks ago and my stomach was in pain from laughing. seriously brilliant.

    ReplyDelete