I've been a writing fool lately. Just finishing work on my latest packet, due next Monday, which coincidentally, is my last teaching class of the semester. Finally! I've had a great class this fall, but it has been a major distraction from my own course of study.
So, in an effort to commit more to writing I have done all of the following in the past couple of weeks:
- submitted two essays to two competitions
- submitted one essay to a literary journal (rejected, but I tried)
- contacted two friends about paying writing gigs so that Rick and I don't default on any loans in the absence of my high-paying adjunct gig -- both responded positively, so fingers crossed.
- written three very heavy essays for my "collection" and one really fun pop-culture commentary that I would love to publish. Any thoughts?
- Taught my class how to design blogs (that has been very fun).