Vote It Up: Book Blip

November 29, 2010

The (Unpaid, Unread) Writing Life

I've been a writing fool lately.  Just finishing work on my latest packet, due next Monday, which coincidentally, is my last teaching class of the semester.  Finally!  I've had a great class this fall, but it has been a major distraction from my own course of study.

So, in an effort to commit more to writing I have done all of the following in the past couple of weeks:
 - submitted two essays to two competitions
- submitted one essay to a literary journal (rejected, but I tried)
- contacted two friends about paying writing gigs so that Rick and I don't default on any loans in the absence of my high-paying adjunct gig -- both responded positively, so fingers crossed.
- written three very heavy essays for my "collection" and one really fun pop-culture commentary that I would love to publish.  Any thoughts?
- Taught my class how to design blogs (that has been very fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment