Vote It Up: Book Blip

December 9, 2010

Will Work For Books

Five hours of standing around and waiting for customers to come to check out was tedious to say the least.  The economy has done a real number on the Scholastic Book Sale.  It was dead dead dead today.  But . . . mission accomplished!  I worked.  I earned.  I bought.  Pretty awesome to buy $100 of books at half price and then offer a voucher for payment, I must say.

Books I found:
  • Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman's Bear Feels Scared (I love Bear books and so do my kids)
  • Jessica Seinfield's cookbook Deceptively Delicious (I'm desperate to feed my kids healthier foods and am willing to go ninja)
  • Matthew Van Fleet's Heads (sequel to the all-popular pull-the-tab Tails)
  • An illustrated picture book of Black Beauty
  • A Junie B. Jones paperback
  • Mark Teague's Firehouse (Mark Teague must be one of the best children's illustrators working today)
  • Doreen Cronin's Thump Quack Moo (more beloved barnyard sillies)

I know I'm leaving some out.  You'll be okay.  But, really, you should go to the sale.  It's only in town for two more days.

Location: Zachary Taylor American Legion Post 180
Address: 4610 Shelbyville Rd
Date/Time:    12/07/2010
Tues - Fri 10 AM - 7 PM
Sat 9 AM - 2 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment